By Allan Kai
Kenya’s president, William Ruto, on Monday announced the names of his candidates for of Cabinet Secretary positions in the 21 ministries of his government.
To head the cabinet, former vice president and ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi was named the prime cabinet Secretary, a position he termed as the senior most office after that of the President and his deputy.
Former governors, politicians and elected members of the national assembly were among those selected for the positions.
Most notable appointees include Garissa Town MP, Aden Duale, who was named to the Ministry of Defence, Kipchumba Murkomen (Roads, transport, and public works), former governors Dr. Alfred Mutua (Machakos) and Salim Mvurya (Kwale), in the ministries of foreign and diaspora affairs and mining respectively.
The complete list includes:
- Prof Kithure Kindiki- Interior
- Prof Njuguna Ndungu- Treasury
- Aden Duale- Defence
- Aisha Jumwa- Public Service, Gender and Affirmative Action
- Alice Wahome – Water and Sanitation,
- Dr Alfred Mutua- Foreign and Diaspora Affairs
- Moses Kuria- Trade
- Rebecca Miano- East African Community, Arid and Semi arida lands
- Kipchumba Murkomen- Roads, Transport and Public Works
- Sopian Tuya- Environment and Forestry
- Zachariah Mwangi Njeru- Lands
- Peninah Malonza- Tourism
- Mithika Linturi- Agriculture and Livestock
- Susan Nakhumicha- Health
- Eliud Owalo- ICT
- Ezekiel Machogu- Education
- Davis Chirchir- Energy
- Ababu Namwamba- Sports and Youth Affairs
- Simon Chelugui- Co-operatives and SMEs
- Salim Mvurya- Mining
- Florence Bore- Labour
Elected and nominated members of the national assembly appointed to the cabinet will have to step down from their parliamentary seats to allow for by-elections. Additional roles for the deputy , Rigathi Gachagua were announced, with Dr. Ruto stating that he will henceforth chair intergovernmental relations as well as constitutional commissions.
You must log in to post a comment.